The Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery functions as an Academic Department in Wayne State University School of Medicine with clinical programs at Beaumont Hospital-Dearborn, Karmanos, Veteran's Administration Hospital, Children's Hospital of Michigan, and Ascension Providence-Rochester Hospital with a limited rotation at Providence Hospital. Divisions include pediatric otolaryngology, head and neck surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, otology-otological skull base surgery, rhinology/allergy, facial trauma, oral and maxillofacial surgery, dentistry, audiology, speech pathology and swallowing disorders.
The Department is composed of 18 full-time faculty including the Chairman, Ho-Sheng Lin, M.D. Additionally, there are 32 adjunct faculty members representing the fields of otolaryngology, oncology, dentistry, maxillo-facial surgery, nursing, general nutrition services, speech pathology, and audiology.
- Study of Cochlear Implants for Tinnitus funded by grant
- Dr. Maria-Christina Jackson-Menaldi publishes "La Voz Normal y Patologica. Diagnostico y tratamiento de la patologia vocal"
- Former Otolaryngology resident Sagar Patel, M.D., wins 2017-2018 Ben Shuster Memorial Research Award
- Drescher lab funding renewed to investigate genetic causes of deafness and muscle disorders
- Dr. Zhang's podcast - Neuromodulation to suppress tinnitus